By checking the acceptance checkbox above, you agree to:
COMPLETE TERMS OF NPDB ACCOUNT AGREEMENT:
IMPORTANT NOTICE: This NPDB Account Agreement establishes the terms by which "You," the Subscriber are entitled to receive and hold the NPDB Account ("Account").
1. Allowed Uses of NPDB Account and Account Lifetime. NPDB will issue an account to access the NPDB system to You for use in accordance with the terms of this Agreement. As the Subscriber of this account, You must respond in a timely manner to NPDB related notices issued by NPDB, HRSA or HHS. You may use your account only for authorized purposes (to authenticate yourself to the NPDB system to conduct business-related activities electronically). Such purposes are for official NPDB business. The accounts may not be used for purposes of fraud, any other illegal scheme, or any unauthorized purpose. The term of this Agreement shall be contemporaneous with the NPDB Account’s validity and shall terminate six years from the date You registered, unless Your account is revoked prior to such time. Thirty days prior to expiration of Your registration, You will be provided with the notice of renewal.
2. Verification of You and Your Organization's Identity. You agree to allow NPDB to verify Your identity by any reasonable means. NPDB may query its databases and other sources to verify the information You provide, in order to determine whether to issue the NPDB account to You. You also authorize the storage and maintenance of any information generated during the registration, identification and authentication, and the account issuance processes. NPDB, in their sole discretion and without incurring liability for any loss arising out of such denial or refusal, may deny a registration for, or otherwise refuse to approve the issuance of, the NPDB account.
3. Privacy Act and Paperwork Reduction Act Notice and Disclosure. In accordance with the Privacy Act of 1974 and the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1980, the following notice explains how the information that You submit in order to obtain an NPDB account is used and maintained: https://www.npdb.hrsa.gov/footer/privacyPolicy.jsp
4. NPDB Obligations. NPDB, HRSA and HHS agree that they will verify the information provided by You and accurately transcribe it into the NPDB account.
5. Your Obligations
5.1. Submit Correct Information. You represent and warrant to NPDB, HRSA and HHS that all of the information You submit during the registration process will be accurate, current and complete. You further agree that for purposes of NPDB account validity, You will immediately inform NPDB if any of your registration information changes (e.g., You have a change of email address or a change in your legal name). You also represent and warrant that You are authorized to receive NPDB account in the name that You have designated as part of your registration.
5.2. Review and Accept Your Account. The NPDB account issued to You will be based on information provided by You. During the account issuance process You are provided with the opportunity to review such information. At all times, You agree to review and verify the accuracy of the information contained in your account. You acknowledge that using the NPDB account constitutes your acceptance of that account. If You fail to notify NPDB of any errors, defects, or problems with your account within 24 hours after accessing it, it will be considered to have been accepted by You. By accepting the NPDB account, You further represent and warrant that the information in your account (i.e., Name, identification numbers, etc.) is accurate, current and correct. Upon acceptance, and at any time thereafter when You use your NPDB account, You acknowledge and assent to the responsibilities identified herein (including those identified in the NPDB policies).
5.3. Protect Your NPDB Account. By requesting a NPDB account, You acknowledge and agree that You are responsible for protecting and maintaining sole possession and control of the account. In addition, You represent and warrant to NPDB that, in regard to such account, You have kept and will keep your passwords private and that You will safeguard and maintain your account (and any user IDs, passphrases, shared secrets, etc.) in strict secrecy and take reasonable security measures to prevent unauthorized access or use of your account and the computer system or media on which your account information is stored.
IF YOU EVER SUSPECT OR DISCOVER THAT THE SECURITY OF YOUR ACCOUNT HAS BEEN OR IS IN DANGER OF BEING COMPROMISED IN ANY WAY, YOU MUST IMMEDIATELY NOTIFY THE NPDB AND REQUEST REVOCATION OF YOUR ACCOUNT. YOU MUST THEN IMMEDIATELY CEASE USING YOUR ACCOUNT.
Contact your Data Bank Administrator to delete your account or you can call the NPDB Customer Service Center at 1-800-767-6732.
5.4. Situations Requiring Revocation of Your Account. You must revoke your account if You discover or suspect that your account has been or is in danger of being compromised or subjected to unauthorized use in any way, or if any information affecting the reliability of your account changes or is no longer true (e.g., Your name changes). You may also revoke your account at any time for any other reason. NPDB may also revoke your account without advance notice if it, in its sole discretion, determines that: (a) the account was not properly issued or was obtained by fraud; (b) the security of the account has or may have been lost or otherwise compromised; (c) the account has become unreliable; (d) information in the account has changed or become untrue; (e) You have violated any applicable agreement or obligation; (f) You request revocation; (g) a governmental authority has lawfully ordered NPDB to revoke your account; (h) this Agreement terminates; or (j) there are any other grounds for revocation. Your right to use your account ceases immediately upon revocation of your account.
6. Interpretation. NPDB accounts are issued to Subscribers to further the mission and operations of NPDB, HRSA and HHS and liability claims shall be subject to Federal law. This Agreement shall be governed by, interpreted, and construed under the laws of the United States. If any provision of this Agreement is found to be invalid or unenforceable, then such document shall be deemed amended by modifying such provision to the extent necessary to make it valid and enforceable while preserving it intent or, if that is not possible, by striking the provision and enforcing the remainder of this Agreement.
7. Dispute Resolution. In the event of any dispute or disagreement arising out of or relating to this Agreement, the disputing parties shall use their best efforts to settle the dispute or disagreement through negotiations in good faith following notice from one disputing party to the other(s). If the disputing parties cannot reach a mutually agreeable resolution of the dispute or disagreement within sixty (60) days following the date of such notice, then the disputing parties may present the dispute to the NPDB Registration Practices Management body.
8. Risk of Loss. You agree that you assume the risk of any use of your account in violation of this Agreement.
9. Disclaimer of Warranties. The NPDB disclaims any and all warranties of any type, whether express or implied, that are not specifically provided herein, including but not limited to any implied warranty of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement with regard to NPDB services or any NPDB account issued hereunder.
10. Limitations on NPDB’s Liability. The NPDB shall have no liability for loss due to use of your account, unless the loss is proven to be a proximate result of the negligence, fraud or willful misconduct of the NPDB. The NPDB’s liability to you shall be limited to the amount paid to the NPDB by you for self-query responses issued to you pursuant to this Agreement and liability for such loss is otherwise provided for in Federal law.
In no event shall the NPDB be liable for any consequential, indirect, remote, exemplary, punitive, special, or incidental damages, or damages for business interruption, loss of profits, revenues or savings, regardless of the form of action and regardless of whether the NPDB was advised of the possibility of such damages except as specifically provided for in Federal law.
The NPDB shall incur no liability if the NPDB is prevented, forbidden or delayed from performing, or omits to perform, any act or requirement by reason of any provision of any applicable law, regulation or order, the failure of any electrical, communication or other system operated by any party other than the NPDB or any act of God, emergency condition, or war or other circumstance beyond the control of the NPDB except as specifically provided for in Federal law.