Text Size

A A A  

How can I correct information on a report submitted by my entity if there is an error on it?

To correct an error or omission on a report submitted by your organization, you will need to submit a Correction Report. The reporting entity must submit a Correction Report as soon as possible after the discovery of an error or omission in a report. The corrected report replaces the previously submitted report. The reporting entity may submit a Correction Report as often as necessary.

To submit a Correction Report:

  1. Sign into your NPDB account.
  2. Select Report Options.
  3. Select Modify an existing report.
  4. Locate the report you need to correct, and select "the report requires correction".

The NPDB sends a notification to the subject of the report and a copy to all queriers who received the previous version of the report within the past 3 years.

Other Questions You May Find Helpful

Related Resources