Text Size

A A A  

Can I have my report changed or removed?

The NPDB is prohibited by law from changing or removing a report.

Organizations that submit reports to the NPDB are responsible for the accuracy of the information they submit, and are required to certify that the report is accurate. However, if the report contains information that inaccurately identifies the subject of the report (e.g., date of birth, name, gender, state license number), the subject of the report should contact the reporting entity, and request that the reporting entity correct the inaccurate identification information by submitting a Correction Report.

If you are unable to reach the reporting entity, or are still not satisfied with the outcome of the report, you may add a statement or dispute the report.

Other Questions You May Find Helpful

Related Resources

A Practitioner's Guide to the NPDB

What if I Disagree with My Report?

An infographic that explains how the dispute process works.

See the full infographic